Musician in Residence
Win Rent at The Capitol District!
The Capitol District Apartments, 225 N 12th Street, invite area musicians to participate in our Musician in Residence contest! The Musician in Residence program will provide 12 months of rent in an unfurnished apartment at The Capitol District Apartments for the "Capitol District Star" winner in exchange for live performances for fellow apartment residents and patrons of The Capitol District.
- The contest winner will be granted up to 12 months* of rent in exchange for 20 hours per month of performance around the District.
- The selected musician should be able to comfortably sing and play three to four hour-long sets of covers (original music is also welcome!) and have access to their own portable equipment (guitar, microphone, speakers, etc.) as needed.
- An expert panel of judges will narrow submissions down to three finalists who will be announced on April 13, 2020.
- Finalists will be expected to perform one to three songs on-site at the "Capitol District Star VIP" event on Thursday, May 14, 2020 in The Capitol District in front of a live audience and panel of judges.
- The winner will be selected by the judges and popular attendee vote and announced at the event.
- By submitting an Entry Form, each contestant authorizes the use of his/her name, photo, and audio and/or video recording for publicity and advertisement purposes related to the competition by The Capitol District.
How to Enter
If you are interested in entering the "Capitol District Star" contest, you'll need to do two things:
- Post a one-minute video demo on your Instagram or Facebook, by Friday, March 20, 2020, using the hashtag #capitoldistrictstar2020 and tagging The Capitol District: @thecapitoldistrict (lnstagram) and @TheCapitolDistrict (Facebook). Make sure your post is public so we can find it!
- Complete your entry form here and submit it by Friday, March 20, 2020.
Email [email protected]
*Apartment lease runs from June 1, 2020 through May 31, 2021. Musician in Residence can move in at any time on or after June 1, 2020 as long as he/she lives in the apartment tor a minimum of ten months and can fulfill performance obligations for the duration of the lease.